The Rotary Club of Sandy Springs is hosting a Pickleball fundraiser on June 17th at the Sandy Springs Tennis Center near the intersection of Roswell Road and Abernathy. A portion of the proceeds will go to one of our community partners, Vision To Learn. Vision To Learn is a not-for-profit organization that provides free eye exams and glasses to children in low-income communities across the United States. This year, the Rotary Club of Sandy Springs partnered with Vision to Learn, and our club donated more than 800 pair of eyeglasses to elementary and middle school students in Sandy Springs.
Our club is now registering players for the Pickleball Madness Tournament. All skill levels are accepted. If you've never played Pickleball before you can pick it up in mere minutes - I played just one time a few weeks ago for an hour and I'm ready to play! Our tournament will be played by doubles using a round robin format. You'll be able to play in about three matches. You don't need a partner to play as we'll pair you with someone of similar skill. If you don't have a paddle, one will be provided. Below are the key details of the tournament:
- Tournament Date: 6/17
- Tournament Time: Begins at 12:00 pm and ends at 4:00 pm
- Tournament Cost: $55/player
- Tournament Number of Players: Max 80 - (tournament is coed, round robin and double-blind draw)
- Tournament Location: Sandy Springs Tennis Center
- Pickleball Skills Level: Beginner and above - (we'll match players to their skill level)
- Trophies for both Male and Females, will be presented for first, second, and third place.
Please register by going to the following link:
- Got to www.rotarypickleball.com
Please share the website with your community, work colleagues, family and friends. If you know anyone that might want to become a sponsor of the tournament, please have them call President Scott Einfeldt 404.272.0294 and he can provide details.
We’re excited to host our 1st Annual Rotary Club of Sandy Springs Pickleball Madness Tournament!!!